[Question #78138]: Tethering Samsung SCH-R450 For Web Access

I would like to tether my Samsung r450 to my laptop to take advantage of its' unlimited web access.  I found a site that explained how to unlock the DUN feature of my phone:

Press OK, 9, #

Then enter 587846 for unlock code and scroll down to DUN and enable it.

I then hooked up the USB cable to my laptop and phone and the phone entered USB Mass Storage Mode. I clicked Done and the phone was ready to be set up as a modem.

I then went to System > Preferences > Network Connections and selected the Wireless Broadband tab.
I then chose ADD and selected CDMA when it asked what type of connection (CDMA or GSM)
Per the link I was following, I entered this information:

Telephone Number: #777
Username: 3055551212@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (replace with your tel number.)
Password: mymetropcs

Next, I chose the 'Connect Automatically' check-box and saved the connection info.

Under Network manager, CDMA Connection 1 now appeared and I chose that as my connection to the internet. It seemed to work perfectly.  The phone came up with 'Data Calling' and then immediately went to Tx/Rx Signal Meters. (A sign that all is working according to the web link I was following)  I went into Firefox and requested a web page and saw the Tx meter light up when I pressed Enter, followed by the Rx light coming on right afterwards. But then I got the 'Unable to Connect To Website' screen in firefox.  I know I am VERY CLOSE to making this thing work, but need some help.  It shows up as a PPP0 connection, and when I click on the support tab on the Network Connection Monitor, it gives two 10.xx.xx.xx addresses for address and destination. It has a place to choose Automatic PPP Connection, or address Only, and enter the DNS info manually, but I chose Automatic PPP Connection. Could this be the issue, or does anyone else have any ideas?  It's Sooo close to working, I just have to see it through!