[Question #78193]: where is the best place to ask questions about specific processes and programs for a n00b who just installed debian?

Dear All:

just installed debian. something of a n00b to linux, but we versed over the years with *nix.

looking for a place to ask relatively simple questions about various programs and processes from the low level to questions about specific packages and programs. where would the best place be?

thanks to those who gave me suggestions to get to debian rather than ubuntu.

regards, wysiwyg111