Re: [Question #78246]: Can't wake Jaunty 9.04 out of hibernation.

Tom proposed the following answer:
Hi

It's better to keep each question on it's own thread so you can see what advice is being given about each topic without it all being one great long muddle
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+addquestion

You can post as many questions as you like and we often find that one
person might post 4 or so different questions and then completely vanish
for month or years or completely.  Most problems happen during install
and early on in the user migrating from Windows to linux as things are
quite different.  Most of us didn't have experience of installing an OS
before trying Ubuntu (i did but that's unusual) - Windows is mostly pre-
installed by a team of experts doing batch runs on a lot of identical
machines all in one go.  Each set of hardware has it's own quirks and
mostly Ubuntu just installs fine even when done by technophobic noobs on
a variety of strange hardware.  Sometimes it's not so easy tho.

We are here to help and if something is better sent to another forum we
will hopefully let you know which forum and give you a link.  Hopefully
we can solve it here tho :)

As you are new to Ubuntu you might find working through this worksheet helps sort all your multimedia
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu
(or at least almost all) in one easy go.  You might have other trouble to fix first tho?  I tend to go with non-free components but when i know more about it i hope to switch to fully OpenSource before some codec manufacturer asks me to pay anything (if that ever happens).  Also this link might help you migrate but this one is only for looking things up in, not like the last one which needed working through step-by-step
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SwitchingToUbuntu/FromWindows

Anyway, good luck and regards from
Tom :)