[Question #78270]: No partition option when installing 8.04

Hi,

I'm having trouble installing v8.04 (64 bit). The problem is that during the installation process I'm not getting the option to create a new partition or delete an existing one. After the machine's booted from the install CD I take the 'Install Ubuntu' option and then choose the time zone and machine culture etc, but the problem is with partition edit prompt that appears after this which shows no existing partitions and the create and delete partition buttons and all greyed out meaning there's no way to continue. Anyone any ideas? I eventually gave up and installed 9.04 which correctly recognized that Vista was already on the machine and let me overwrite it, however when I now try to install 8.04 over 9.04 I get exactly the same issue with the installer failing to identify any existing partitions and give options to create/delete etc. Can anyone help?

Rob