[Question #78273]: VX 1000 recognizes /dev/audio1 and /dev/video0 but doesn't work.

I am new to unbuntu shifting from XP. Install latest 9.0.4 release and then updated kernel to 2.6.30.3 as follows:
1 installed headers ......all_deb
2.install header ........i386.****
3.install linux kernel image.....386.**** from  repository 2.6.30.3 which is updated on yesterday only.

When I do plug my VX 1000 life cam, linux recognizes audio and video directories i.e. ls /dev/audio* star show audio0 and audio1 and ls /dev/video* shows  video0.     but when I try to use skype it doesn't work , and during skpye video test(under options) it show green-blue screen and under audio setting it is not recognizing mic of VX 1000.

My laptop in HP nx7010.

So in brief: VX1000  Mic : not working, Webcam : video show green-blue screen , under kernel 2.6.30.3 kernel

Can anyone tell how do I get it working? tried everything like restarting machine as well.