Re: [Question #77050]: Dell Vostro 220S GMA X4500HD video anomolies

LANZen gave more information on the question:
oookkkooo, I guess life's too short to wait for things like that.

Dell offers the low profile (short bracket) ATI Radeon two-head adapter
for around £100.00. Misco were selling the same one for £24.00.

I ordered that and the drivers loaded first time. I now have far better
video, much quicker and a far more enjoyable desktop.

Worth the £24.00? I'd say so!

But... (always one, isn't there?) I can't fast switch users as the
system just stops working. No keyboard, no display, no mouse. Have to
hold the on-off button for 4 seconds to allow a restart. I even set the
power switch to reboot when pressed, but even that had frozen.

So do you want a great display but lose the fast switch?