[Question #78334]: cannot install... keeps locking up ... its been 2 months and I NEED SOME HELP...don't want to go back to Windows

this Ubuntu stinks... always heard great things and then when I decide to install, it crashes and crashes and now NO ONE WILL HELP.

Is anyone out there or do I have to go back to Windows and buy stupid XP disk?

trying to install ubuntu version 9.04 but it locks up and the lights/leds blink on the keyboard. the monitor shows the progress bar locked. have to restart manually and it keeps doing the same thing. unable to install unfortunately and cannot find any help on this entire forum.

windows XP is currently installed.
1 gb RAM
3000 mhz processor
160 gb hard drive with 50% available