Re: [Question #78367]: Video players died with upgrade

willy6635 is still having a problem:
That guy does appear to be having the same problem I am, and it also
appears to be unresolved. I ran a system test and sent the data through.
The lack of resources does appear to be with the CPU, but I'm getting
conflicting reports there. The virus scan did find a virus but was
apparently unable to quarantine or remove it. I would assume it must
have been downloaded with the upgrade package. Videos were playing fine
immediately before the upgrade and have refused to play ever since. As I
said above, the CPU graph shows continuous 100% load, yet the computer
is not hanging badly as you would expect if that were the case. When I
click on the "Processes" tab it show the system load at between 3 and 4,
and looking down the list of processes, nothing is registering above 5%
and few processes are using any CPU resources with some quick mental
calculation putting the CPU load at between 10 and 20%. That being the
case, why is the graph showing 100%?

Could there be something in the code somewhere that in certain
configurations is sending a bogus message through to the System Monitor
graph and to the video processor telling it the CPU is at maximum when
it is not? Can any process be pounding the CPU and not show up in the
processes tab when the options are set to show all processes? I'm not a
programmer so I would have no idea how to interpret the source code, or
where to begin looking even if I could follow it. Is rolling back to an
earlier version going to be the only solution to this problem for now?

Thanks for you efforts, anyway, Tom. Hopefully, someone will come up
with an answer that works.