Re: [Question #78326]: cups server error

Question #78326 on cupsys in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cupsys/+question/78326

Mainak Sen is still having a problem:
Thank you so much Pascal for your response.

Does this mean that there is NO way that I will be able to run this
printer in Ubuntu Hardy? Is there any possible workaround at all?

If there is no way to work with this printer, and I have to get a
different/new printer, then what is the best way to check/ensure that I
get a printer that WILL work with Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 LTS? Also,
generally, are future LTS releases of Ubuntu reasonably backward
compatible in regard to printers? I mean if I get a new printer that
works with Hardy, then is there a more than fair chance that the new LTS
release will support that too?

Thanks again for your time, help, and advice!