[Question #78445]: windows not recognizing external drive

I wanted to remove documents from an Acer laptop that was acting up and I found out about this program.

I moved all the files to a free agent 500 gb external drive, and did a factory restore.

Laptop is back running, but:

The files show up in Ubuntu, but when I unplug the drive and try to have it recognized via usb on my windows laptop, the icon for the F:drive shows up, but I'm getting an error message saying that the drive is unreadable.

I really need these documents back on this windows laptop.

All seemed to be going so well with the drap and drop procedure...now I just need windows vista to recognize this drive...

Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks

Jim