Re: [Question #78441]: I'm getting a low disk message and I haven't done much on my computer

Question #78441 on Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/78441

Lars Friedrichs proposed the following answer:
Ok, this looks normal - and sadly the message is true: you don't have enough free space. Ubuntu standard installs nowerdays are full blown operating environments, not just a base operating system install.
'/' which is your base file system ist said to be 3.4 Gb and 3.1 Gb are already in use which is a usual value on a fresh desktop install.

To look at your hard disks size you could try pasting the result of this
command:

sudo fdisk -l

It will read the partition table on all hard disks connected. This will
show us if there is an error with your installation.