[Question #78462]: Cannot boot with Grub 2 (continuation)

New question #78462 on firefox-3.0 in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+question/78462

First a Big THANK YOU for being available to help day and night, without me/us having to 'order a time' for consultation, make an agreement, or anything like that!!! Through my mind I give YOU a BIG hug for that!

Problem:

- Have just installed GRUB 2 with synaptic.
- Was in this context told to write 'upgrade-from-grub-legacy' as root if prompted for anything in this regard.
- When rebooting and prompted, I wrote 'sudo upgrade-from-grub-legacy'
- but the rebooting did not proceed to the next step whatever line or command letter I entered /wrote. Instead it returned to the highlightened line again and again.

? Can I reverse this installation action and get back to the former bootloader?

I thank you again for this invaluable possibility to get help and support in this way!

Asta