Re: [Question #78407]: Identifying Partitions / Can I save my own files in /boot

gadolinio proposed the following answer:
Hi Matsobane.
As Sebastian Gurkasch perfectly said, you will certainly not die from having-stored-something-in-the-/boot-directory, but i would STRONGLY disrecommend you to mess up with system's folders. And that wouldn't solve your primary problem, as you would still be using the smaller partition for ubuntu.
You can try redistributing the space to make things the other way around, i mean, enlarge the ubuntu partition using some space of the now-empty one. Reboot your computer with an ubuntu liveCD, and open system-->administration-->gparted partition editor. There you'll see a graphic representation of your hard drive's structure. Right click the ubuntu partition, and choose to resize it. You'll see the program is very easy to use, and without any terminal commands.
This way you will have all the space you want in ubuntu, and you can leave less for your future windows...
Hope you find this useful