[Question #78547]: Errors abound....can't fix broken package(s)

New question #78547 on nautilus in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+question/78547

I see this all the time.  No packages will install.  I can't access anything from my desktop.  Package Manager won't fix any broken packages.  I have a Crash report detected at the top of my screen.  When I use terminal to try and fix them, I put in my password and it asks me if I'm "root" to which i have no command to reply since I am not.  It's one set of failures after another.  Please help.

this keeps on appearing, among other things.
files list file for package `nautilus-data' is missing final newline