Re: [Question #78516]: WLAN won't accept password\netkey

Nurseman52 is still having a problem:
I apparently am not providing enough info. The router of which I speak
is a 2wire gateway provided by ATT, my Broadband provider. I am not
inclined to mess with the gateway much, as it also provides the rest of
my home with much-beloved television and a wired network. I am currently
connected to the router via the wired network while writing this
(temporarily, I hope--until I can fix this issue with the WLAN). Other
things that I have tried include: setting the netkey in "Network
Connections". Also, I have tried going into Terminal and setting them
manually using iwconfig commands. While the iwconfig worked in resetting
the SSID, it will not work with the WPA netkey. As for "setting up the
router" John, the router comes set with a fixed WPA key already on the
box. For my other (XP) laptop, it was simply a matter of copying down
what was on the gateway module and transcribing it in the dialog boxes.
Nothing had to be done via the internet (or going into the box's "URL").