Re: [Question #78516]: WLAN won't accept password\netkey

john proposed the following answer:
O.K. if your happy all the hardware is working try and reset the network
manager.right click on the icon->edit connections->wireless and delete
any thing in there.shut down the computer ,restart and see if it picks
it up this time. Have a look at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NetworkManager0.7

and see how you go from there. cheers