[Question #78666]: PPP doesn't start on boot.

Question #78666 on Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/78666

Description changed to:
I have configured ppp connection(on usb modem) in way I can execute it by typing
pppd call my_provider_name
or
pon my_provider_name, but I can't get to know how configure it to star on boot in "ubuntu way". I want to keep it connected and share with NAT. In /etc/init.d/ i have only pppd-dns, and apt-file search returns nothing for /etc/init.d/pppd or /etc/init.d/ppp. I have seen script here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=99573 but is it a part of any package? Or is there any more proper way for configuring it? auto ppp0 in /etc/init.d/networking didn't helped because interface ppp0 is created after initialization of a modem..

Using ubuntu server 8.10