[Question #78671]: Ubuntu needs more disk space; I don't think I partitioned correctly.

I installed Ubuntu 9.04 onto my laptop along with Windows Vista. It boots up and functions perfectly, but I cannot save anything or run updates on Ubuntu for lack of disk space. Before Ubuntu, I did not even hear of partitioning, and all I know now is that Ubuntu needs its own partition with at least 20-30 gigs to run. Unfortunately, I don't even have 200 mb free now on the Ubuntu partition. I managed to isolate some unallocated space in GParted from the Windows partition (over 70 gigs) and made it into a primary linux-swap partition. How can I fix this or transfer some unallocated space into Ubuntu so that I can save things and run updates normally? Please let me know if there is any information you need about my computer beforehand in order to help me. (And please keep it dumbed down for a newbie like me! (:)