[Question #78672]: Where are the programs I downloaded w/ Debian Pkg Search & Synaptic Pkg Mgr?

Ok ... looked at all the similar questions but didn't see one that precisely addresses my problem.

Running w/ Admin privileges, I've downloaded programs using Synaptic Package Manager (w/ Universe & Multiverse enabled) & Debian Package Search & the downloads were confirmed.  These were mainly security options, a Morse-code practice program, AVG Antivirus (actually, I think that was a *.deb download from the distributor's website), etc.

So, now where are they?  They do not appear in any of my pull-down menus.

The only prgs showing up on my menus are those I get from the pull-down
Applications -->> Add/Remove Applications

I assume these other installed prgs are located somewhere on my HDD, but I've gone thru the "Places" & "Home Folder" & can't find them.  (These were the *.deb files & were successfully installed at the time I downloaded them.  I haven't gotten around to dealing w/ tarballs yet.)

And ... once I find these prgs ... how can I make them appear in my pull-down menus so I can use them more easily?

And ... assuming I can get this resolved, will all of these disappear from my menus when Karmic Koala gets installed over Jackalope?  Will I have to do this all over again then?

Thanks