[Question #78687]: Trying to setup KDE wireless after instaling Kubuntu

Dell Inspiron 1545 was running Ubuntu 9.04 i386.  Downloaded and installed Kubuntu Packages. I can still get on the Internet using the Gnome side of my startup but the KDE side will not work.  Tried all the old settings from before and cannot connect.  I sure would like to give KDE a spin but without Internet access it's worthless.  Any way to just transfer the settings?  Incidentally, Ubuntu (Kubuntu) are the only systems on the computer.  Yup, trashed Vista, never liked it anyway.