[Question #78704]: Can't find repositories

New question #78704 on yelp in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/yelp/+question/78704

I keep getting this error when I try to update or add software:  The repository may no longer be available or could not be contacted because of network problems, if available an older version of the failed index will be used. Otherwise the repository will be ignored and it tells me that my system is up to date.  It is now over sixty days since I have had an update.

I have a Dell Mini 12 with Ubuntu as shipped.

I guess I can manage without the updates, but I can't even add new software.

John F