Re: [Question #78373]: No alerts and sound effects

Douglas Nimtz confirmed that the question is solved:
 Dear Willy6635, I appreciate your help. I wish you would have
instructed me to double click on the "Default" label button to the right
of any not-disabled sound listed, because when I did that a minute ago,
a little menu box with the three choices popped up. I was clicking on
the name of the sound and not on the "Default" label button to the right
of it. When you click on the sound name, nothing happens. But when you
click on the "Default" label button for that sound, you get what you
need. I simply didn't realize that "Default" was more than a label,
specifically, a button linked to a pop-up box with three choices.