Re: [Question #78564]: Stuck with "root@laptopname:/# " while installing Ubuntu 9.04 (14)

Larry Jordan proposed the following answer:
     I would expect it would ask to be installed again automatically - if not, you can select it from the package manager and reinstall it manually.
     Question:  how much space did you give your boot directory?  My first time around, I didn't give it enough space and it was unable to update.  You might want to research and make sure you have a large enough area for your boot partition.
     Otherwise, welcome back.