Re: [Question #78741]: Upgrading from Hardy to Jaunty : suggestions

Tom posted a new comment:
Ooops, sorry.  After saying i was 'waiting' of course i got distracted
by other questions and stuff ;)  Thanks for your answers there.

1. That's quite a lot :) You need a swap partition of just over 3Gb, lets say 3.5Gb
2. No problem.  That's all good :)
3. Also no problem.  I think Lost&found is the wastebin so we can leave that.
4.  Oops sorry yes that shows us what you said in Q1 already ;)

Ok, i have got a plan.  I think that deleting all the partitions except
sda1 & sda6 (& sda4 of course) would nicely de-clutter your drive and
leave you with space to do quite a bit.

In gparted you might need to right-click and then choose "Swap Off" or
"umount" before it will let you delete a partition.  Hopefully it wont
let you delete sda6 nor sda4 anyway but it's also well worth keeping
sda1.  All the rest can go though :)  Remember to click on "Apply" to
action th deletes ;)

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)