Re: [Question #78407]: Identifying Partitions / Can I save my own files in /boot

gadolinio proposed the following answer:
Mmmm i'm not sure whether >THE< /home directory can be in a ntfs
partition, but one could surely create >A< /home directory in a ntfs
partition... It is possible to create a directory called /home or
whatever you want it to be called, have all permissions over it, add it
to the bookmarks appearing in "Places" menu, etc. The problem (or the
thing about which i don't know much) would be installing programs in
that directory rather than in the "official" /home one. Maybe you could
move the official /home to the ntfs part., and make programs
recognize/use it somehow. Yes, if /home could be naturally in ntfs, that
would be great. Ha, you could also make it to be the "my documents"
folder in windows, too! Right clicking the "my documents" icon in the
windows desktop and going to properties gives you that option. What
would it be like to have a single personal folder, for two operative
systems...?