Re: [Question #43676]: change evolution list time to 24 hour format

Question #43676 on evolution in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+question/43676

Peter Eijlander proposed the following answer:
Still, it's my opinion...
If I could grasp the whole thing, I would write code to just do that, but unfortunately I can't
Forcing the rest of the world to look at m/d/y/ is definitely not an option and should be banned inside the code used to create a program. The choice should be left to the user, not the developer. In this particular case I still look for a solution on getting Ubuntu to understand that my Dutch standard d/m/y format is not what I want, neither in Ubuntu nor in Evolution, nor in any other program.
I have put it on the wish list as so many others already did and I just hope, by posting this in different fora to get an ear for it.
BTW it's 8601 not 6801 and this is just part of the spec.

In Windows I can specify what date format I want to use, regardless of
the country I happen to have used in the setup of the OS in a fairly
simple way. In Ubuntu and in Evo I cannot.