Re: [Question #43676]: change evolution list time to 24 hour format

Question #43676 on evolution in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+question/43676

C de-Avillez proposed the following answer:
@Peter:

> Hopefully there will be one in Ubuntu as standard.
>>> Thankfully there is a choice

Yes, indeed, the locale settings. So, you want a second standard, a
brand new one, or that everybody get to use ISO6801?

> More hopefully everyone's choice will be ISO 8601 in the very near
future.

Using ISO6801 is -- as far as writing down a date/time for my personal
usage goes -- my _personal_ choice. Nevertheless, not everybody would
feel comfortable with it. And replacing <whatever you have in your
locale> by ISO6801 is as arbitrary as just using <whatever you have in
your locale>. If you do not agree with <whatever you have in your
locale>, please take it with your ISO national representatives.

If you need a solution, please go upstream, and provide the maintainers
with a patch. If the patch is well-written, does not force on the user
*any* other standard (even ISO6801), and does not break Evo, it will be
accepted. I can see such a patch: it defaults to the locale settings,
but allows the user to select *any* formatting for date and/or time.

By the way, I never said changing the time format to en_DK.UTF8 was a
solution.