Re: [Question #78407]: Identifying Partitions / Can I save my own files in /boot

gadolinio proposed the following answer:
I've just finished the experiment, and it works OK. No booting problems. When I changed my_document's path, i was asked whether i wanted to move all the user's folders too. I agreed, so everything corresponding to that user is now in that directory in a data partition in ntfs.
Both users (windows and ubuntu's) can read&write&delete files in their shared folder, without any restriction of permissions. Something curious: while folders such as music and images have different names (w->"my music","my images", u->"music", "images"), desktop one is called the same: "desktop" for both OS. So, whatever you have in one desktop is also in the other. This could be good or bad, depending on what you want; i'm just "reporting" it.
You can have a single folder for music-images-etc, so that you keep all your personal files in only one directory - whichever OS you choose to use at the moment. That would be pragmatic.
Interesting thing we've learned here...
Well Tom, we couldn't mess up windows with this... But fortunately it does it by its own, so that we don't need to figure out a way ;)