Re: [Question #78779]: connect verbatim 320G USB storage drive (ubuntu 9.04)

Keith Rennie is still having a problem:
Tom.Thanks,
I'm going to try the voltage thing first. I'll get a separately powered USB
hub just in case my laptop isnt supplying quite enough juice. That seemed to
solve the problem for a number of people. one flash per second seems to be
diagnostic of insufficient USB power supply.
I wont bother to take it back--the cost in my time and effort is more than I
paid for it.  I'll try to make it work , even force a reformat, or wait for
a driver. Share your irritation with hardware manufacturers, but the people
that really need educating are the retail chain stores in the US and the UK
(as with Asus EEE).  The hardware people know perfectly well what the score
is, they're just arrogant.  There are lots of things that will keep driving
the Linux numbers up.
BTW I am an example of a windows statistical fallacy. I'm using a machine
that shipped with Vista. It doesnt matter that I have used it for  full ten
minutes to test out a couple of things. They have counted me as a Windows
user!
I'll let you know if I find a solution.

--
Keith