[Question #78870]: Samba can not open Windows shares

I installed samba on my Ubuntu 904 and edited the smb.conf file to reflect my workgroup name and added myself as a user. On my W2K box I can open the Networks and see the Ubuntu box and can access the Ubuntu shares with no problems. Now I would like to go the other way and access the Windows shares from Ubuntu. Using Nautilus, I select "network" and it shows me icons for the Ubuntu box and the Windows box (and the workgroup). I can not open any of the devices shown. I tried entering smb:xxx.xxx.x.x (the ip address of the windows box), but Nautilus complains about this as well.

Where can I go from here to get Windows and Ubuntu shares available from the Ubuntu 904 box ?

I appreciate any and all help.

Dave