Re: [Question #77831]: Scanner Detection

Question #77831 on synaptic in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/synaptic/+question/77831

Jacob Moh gave more information on the question:
Hi Michael.  When I uninstall sane-backends the firmware is not removed.
It just stays in the original folder I put it in.

I've also tried hotplugging the scanner by unplugging, rebooting,
rebooting again, and plugging it in again.  It doesn't work.  What do
you think the issue is here?

Thanks.

Jacob