Re: [Question #79005]: error doing apt-get update

Question #79005 on apt in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt/+question/79005

XnimrodunterX confirmed that the question is solved:
OK,  i figured out my problem.  For some reason my firewall started
blocking communication to the servers inquestion.  i had to allow these
servers to pass my firewall and all worked.

so i wasn't a problem with Ubuntu it was a problem with my firewall.

Thanks for all your help.