Re: [Question #79047]: Downloaded UBUNTU 9.0 desktop from Rochester. First time it worked. Now it will not make bootable DVD-R or DVD+R. CD will boot to Linux Prompt but no GUI. Tried downloading from Georgia (Mozilla) but when I try to create DVD it still defaults to Nero Essentials 7.0. Has my Nero gone corrupt after my first UBUBTU DVD burn?

WAROME is still having a problem:
My system is running Win XP Pro SP3; AMD Duron 1.2 GHZ, 1.G RAM.I found
the first DVD I burned of UBUNTU. It does not lock up on boot-up. The
system starts to boot from the DVD drive, screen goes blank and then
XP takes over.All recent downloads from
UBUNTU.com/getubuntu Download Now, Desktop give the worst result:
DVD that do not complete the boot or a CD that brings me to the Linuz $
prompt.  Since I am new to Linux, I do not know what to do after the $
prompt.I just went to bittorrent and did the download (top line from the
search).  It completed as expected.  I burned a DVD (nero essentials 7)
and the DVD acted as my original disk above.  It starts to boot and
suddendly Windows XP takes over.The DVD that do not work for me at home,
act the same way in my computer at work.Thank you for your time and
help.  Any other suggestions?  I also had a reply from another person in
the forum.  I will try to see if I can understand his comments and try
that too.Can you post my response to you as open issue?----- Original
Message -----From: Swaminathan Date: Monday, August 3, 2009 7:24
pmSubject: Re: [Question #79047]: Downloaded UBUNTU 9.0 desktop from
Rochester. First time it worked. Now it will not make bootable DVD-R or
DVD+R. CD will boot to Linux Prompt but no GUI. Tried   downloading from
Georgia (Mozilla) but when I try to create DVD it still defaults to Nero
Essentials 7.0. Has my Nero gone      corrupt after my first
UBUBTU DVD burn?To: garome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Your question #79047 on
Ubuntu changed:> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/79047> >
Swaminathan proposed the following answer:> Hi,> >  I have
downloaded ubuntu 9.04 through bit torrent. It is quite > reliable
.However>  it took 5 to 6 hours to get in to your system. I could
install > it on my system without any problem.> > you can
download ubuntu on any existing windows system by using > bittorrent
(www.bittorrent.com)> Then go to www.torrent-finder.com to find ubuntu
9.04 and > download the torrent file.> > I hope this helps.> > Thanks,>
Swami.> > -- > If this answers your question, please go to the following
page > to let us> know that it is solved:>
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/79047/+confirm?answer_id=1>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the>
following page to enter your feedback:>
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/79047> > You received
this question notification because you are a direct> subscriber of the
question.>