Re: [Question #79072]: How to leave the OS on one solid state hardrive and everything else, including packages, to another harddrive.

jbowen7 is still having a problem:
Guillermo,

 Thanks for your answers, they have helped, but have inspired more. I'm
going to be doing a clean install on a computer I'm building. I do not own
the second hard drive but am thinking about including it in the build. Since
it will be the first install of an OS, I assume that I'd just install the OS
to the SSD ( assuming the SSD was first to boot) like I was doing a normal
clean installation, and as you said “'choose' custom and assign '/'...” All
of my media is stored on an external. Transferring the media to the second
drive shouldn't be a problem.

So the questions I now have are:

   1.

   When I enable access to all repositories, or apt-get applications, or
   change the firewall settings for example, I should be doing this all on the
   SSD hardrive designated for the OS, right? Should the second hard drive be
   for media and docs, or also programs, applications, etc?
   2.

   What I meant by sync them was : If the programs are on the second hard
   drive, will the SSD (OS hard drive) automatically access them and load them
   into the GUI?
   3.

   I don't know a lot about the what I'm asking about, could you explain how
   you would go about doing this, what would be stored on what drives, etc?

 Thanks again for your help,

 johnny

 p.s. I will post this to launchpad also so that others may use the
information.