Re: [Question #78996]: Flash causes Firefox crash to desktop in Jaunty with NVIDIA: Segmentation Fault

Tommy Lim confirmed that the question is solved:
I just cleared the problem.  There wasn't anything wrong with the
install.

I could do a major D'OH right now.  The problem was the .macromedia
folder permissions were all wrong.  I decided to investigate the
segmentation fault and it led me to a site that said to use strace,
which I'd never used before.

strace revealed a super long list of "permission denied" on a
.macromedia folder which I didn't notice until I did the strace.  The
permissions must have gotten changed somewhere along the line when I
made a backup of my data space when transiting from Intrepid to Jaunty.

Altering the permissions cleared the problem.  But, I decided after to
delete the folder and let flash regenerate it.

Thanks so much for the help, what is important is you shook me look
elsewhere because I had been focusing obsessively on my setup which by
all your descriptions should have worked outright.

=)   very very happy right now, thanks!