Re: [Question #79111]: I am stuck in a GNU Nano install

Question #79111 on alsa-driver in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+question/79111

hgrahamprc@xxxxxxxxx gave more information on the question:
I found out nano is a text editor and I used it as above to open file
alsa-base.conf and added the line

options snd-hda-intel model=6stack

and saved the file.  Other options were also listed in the file

options bt87x index=-2
options cx88_alsa index=-2
options saa7134-alsa index=-2
options snd-atiixp-modem index=-2
options snd-intel8x0m index=-2
options snd-via82xx-modem index=-2
options snd-usb-audio index=-2
options snd-usb-us122l index=-2
options snd-usb-usx2y index=-2
options snd-usb-caiaq index=-2
# Ubuntu #62691, enable MPU for snd-cmipci
options snd-cmipci mpu_port=0x330 fm_port=0x388
# Keep snd-pcsp from beeing loaded as first soundcard
options snd-pcsp index=-2

options snd-hda-intel model=6stack

This made the sound performance worse.  When I tried to open the file
again with nano to remove the new line nano showed

GNU nano 2.09   File:/ect/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

However I can not open the file to edit it.
My questions are how do I now get nano to open the file for editing and what should I edit in or out to try to improve the sound?