Re: [Question #79111]: I am stuck in a GNU Nano install

Question #79111 on alsa-driver in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+question/79111

hgrahamprc@xxxxxxxxx confirmed that the question is solved:
After reboot nano loaded alsa-base.conf for editing.  I deleted the line

options snd-hda-intel model=6stack

and saved the file.  I then ran the command

sudo alsa force-reload

Then I went to medibuntu and installed the packages there and rebooted.
I then clicked on the sound icon located in the upper right of the
screen and clicked on volume control.  I adjusted all setting to maximum
volume.

Now the sound works great.

I am not sure what steps made the improvement in the sound but I am
happy it is working well now.

Thanks for the help.