Re: [Question #79140]: installing firefox 3.5

actionparsnip posted a new comment:
do not run sudo firefox
sudo is for command line commands only:
e.g.  mv, cp, ln, apt-get
gksudo is how to CORRECTLY run GUI apps:
e.g. firefox, nautilus, dolphin, leafpad

You will ruin file ownerships in your home directory if you use sudo for
gui apps as sudo does not setup the environment correctly and is why
gksudo exists. Here is exactly what will happen if you use sudo for gui
app. I keep this question handy to highlight when I see people advising
sudo for GUI apps.

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/azureus/+question/72151

Please do not advise users how to break their systems.