[Question #79201]: Printing in evince does not have "shrink to fit" option

The print dialog in acroread and typical windows print dialogs have an option like "automatically shrink to printable area" and "automatically rotate and centre".

Evince is lacking such an option. It does have a scaling option where a percentage for scaling can be given but

1) Finding a scaling that provides the best use of the printable area has to be done by hand, but how does the user know what scaling factor to use?
2) The shrunken document does not get centered inside the printable area but rather leaves an ugly asymmetric margin.

This is not a bug so launchpad told me to file it here. I hope this is the right spot.