Re: [Question #79125]: volume works good until i plug in headphones, then volume decreases till silent and a reboot is neede for any volume at all

Question #79125 on alsa-driver in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+question/79125

trenchview confirmed that the question is solved:
Thanks for the leads, Tom, but I don't see any answers there. The sound
does resonate from the headphones for a few seconds before descending
into silence.  Also, the headphones worked fine with Gutsy Gibbon.  It
is only with Jaunty that I'm having this problem. Apparently I'm running
Pulse-Audio so I'm going to try to remove it.  Any recommendations?
Thanks again,  Kevin