Re: [Question #79200]: Hi-jacking my email account?

Question #79200 on evolution in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+question/79200

Tom proposed the following answer:
Hi

Sounds like you have a few different issues to ask about separately
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+addquestion

For sorting sound i would first work through each step in
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu

and if that hadn't sorted the sound then hopefully something early in one of these 2 guides might help
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingSoundProblems
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SoundTroubleshooting

Firefox is very unlikely to have been compromised in such a way.
Probably some settings are wrong in Evolution.  Perhaps Junk or Spam
settings are filtering everything out?  I agree about switching to
Thunderbird and making that your default application for email  from the
top taskbar click on

System - Administration - Synaptic Package Manager

either search tool should find "thunderbird", just right click to
install and then set it as you default by going up to the top taskbar
and click on

System - Preferences - Preferred Applications

Also i thought this guide might help as a quick reference guide for looking up odd things
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SwitchingToUbuntu/FromWindows

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)