Re: [Question #79211]: Makemusic finale won't play sound

Tom proposed the following answer:
HI :)

Most of keep a working dual-boot or have a virtual machine with Windows on it so don't worry about having to go back into Windows occasionally.
http://www.linuxquestions.org
is an excellent site and it's well worth posting your own question there or adding to the end of someone elses.  I would recommend posting a new question to see if you can catch any new peoples interest.  Also the Wine forums are often well worth looking through and posting in
http://forum.winehq.org/
and also look up the particular application in their application databse
http://appdb.winehq.org/
we really need people to volunteer information in there so any help you can offer about how you've got Finale working would help the wider linux community too.

With any multimedia problems its worth making sure you have run through the steps in this guide
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu
I am not sure if these guides can help you directly but its usually worth running through these guides, hopefully something early in either of these might help
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingSoundProblems
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SoundTroubleshooting

I am just hoping one of our sound experts pops by soon to really help with this but it's well worth running through those other options too.
Good luck and regards from
Tom :)