Re: [Question #79230]: KONVERSATION keeps disconnecting me from the irc.ubuntu.com even though i have a fine internet connection!!

Question #79230 on konversation in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/konversation/+question/79230

joshyg6 posted a new comment:
was using intrepid 8.10, not 8.04.

1. opened konversation. it gives the motd. i identify. then it lags, and it eventually cuts out/reconnects. (internet http seems fine at the moment.)
2. the regular channels i have bookmarked and set to auto-open to open. none did. nor did my identity get successfully accepted, nor did i retain a connection to the irc channel/server..
3. see 1. there's really no more detail i could see/discern, unless you can suggest some info/specifically how to get it..

i've heard of their being possibly something awry with the ip stack and
how it deals with irc communication? there is also definitely a wireless
internet issue -- or general networking issue -- which has been noted in
some of my other bugs encountered, related for instance to rt73usb..
etc..