Re: [Question #79200]: Hi-jacking my email account?

Question #79200 on evolution in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+question/79200

David Lane is still having a problem:
Hi Tom,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.  I removed my email
account and opened a new one but that didn't work, I keep getting error
messages on the bottom panel of Evo.    The mail that I have in the
inbox will not delete, the junk mail will not delete either.  I have an
"Error while Fetching mail" message in the bottom panel and an error
message while trying to expunge any mail existing in any of the folders,
it can't seem find the Trash folder.  So I've made a right 'pigs ear' of
it!

I think I'll try the Thunderbird option that you suggest, I was going to
completely remove Evo in Synaptic and try to reinstall it, but it had a
lot of other connected bits and pieces and I got a bit scared when all
the red lines showed up in Synaptic, so I settled on the "mark for
reinstallation option", but that was no good either!  Is it possible to
remove and reinstall Evolution mail without a lot of fiddling with the
ubuntu setup?

I'll work through the helpful links you provided for me and I'll go from
there.  Many thanks for your time and effort.  I won't put this as
Problem Solved yet because my Evo package is still broke, what do you
think?