[Question #79241]: can a lightscribe disk be scanned with a scanner?

     Hi.  Just found drivers for lightscribe in Linux at http://www.lightscribe.com/downloadSection/linux/index.aspx?id=814 and I'm wondering if I can scan the disk afterward.  My concept here is that if I can use something like kbarcode or gnu barcode or libdmtx to create a bar code identifying myself as the owner (and maybe linking the disk to a library on my home computer), would I be able to scan and read that bar code back later?  Or do lightscribe disks still react to the light after an image is burned on?  (I.e. - would the scanner's light eventually turn the whole thing black and unreadable?)

    I've never used lightscribe before and am not familiar at all with the concept.