[Question #79252]: Ubuntu repository package for Bacula is very outdated

New question #79252 on bacula in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bacula/+question/79252

In an effort to keep ahead of the curve, I'd like to request an update on the repos for the Bacula tools (mainly Director), as it appears in rawhide that Bacula 3.0.2 already exists for Fedora (and will probably end up being implemented in Fedora 12).

We have Jaunty amd64 server edition running our Bacula Director.

One of the ongoing issues today is that Version 2.4.4 doesn't support Vista x64 or Windows Server 2008 x64 clients due to VSS 64-bit incompatibilities.  The Bacula developers have resolved these VSS 64-bit matters in their latest releases, however, the packages on shown Ubuntu server's repos are 2.4.4 still, and we'd rather stick to package updates when concerning the Bacula Director.

I heard that someone may be working on this already, and if this is a cross question, I apologize, but is there an ETA on when 3.0.2 might be released as a package?

Current repo information is as follows:

$ sudo apt-cache show bacula
Package: bacula
Architecture: all
Version: 2.4.4-1ubuntu5
Depends: bacula-server, bacula-client
Suggests: bacula-doc
Filename: pool/main/b/bacula/bacula_2.4.4-1ubuntu5_all.deb
Size: 53066
MD5sum: c83d811973ec44b80209d781a2f27300
SHA1: 6e8ba429a1022946107a2e5047ed2a5a0c208b34
SHA256: 9c9851679120bcc8d2b9f857c569153f4ff8d1e315418169ce8fb1b24470445d
 Bacula is a set of programs to manage backup, recovery and verification
 of computer data across a network of computers of different kinds.
 .
 It is efficient and relatively easy to use, while offering many advanced
 storage management features that make it easy to find and recover lost or
 damaged files. Due to its modular design, Bacula is scalable from small
 single computer systems to networks of hundreds of machines.
 .
 This meta-package installs the entire suite of Bacula applications: job
 scheduling, storage control, node connector, and administrative console.
Homepage: http://www.bacula.org/
Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug
Origin: Ubuntu

Thanks kindly in advance,