[Question #79279]: User not known to the underlying authentication module / useradd / casper / live cd

Hi

I currently try to create my own live CD. For this I use the following Guide:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDCustomizationFromScratch
The guide works fine.

But now I have tried to add an user in the chroot environment (adduser testuser). If I to this the created live CD does not boot anymore. The system post "User not known to the underlying authentication module" a few times and then hangs up.

I think this depends on an bug from 2007 (http://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2007/04/msg00071.html). The problem is that I don't have found any solution, workaround or something else.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you all in advance.