Re: [Question #77688]: Want to eliminate Web filtering, please help!

Question #77688 on firefox-3.0 in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+question/77688

bigjohn gave more information on the question:
Guys,still having same problem,my Dell Mini laptop connects right away
with UNSECURED wireless so operating system fine,however when I try to
connect to a SECURED site it asks for name and password and circles
around like trying to connect then drops.As an experiment,placed side by
side full size Dell with Vista enter name and password full size
connects using same protocal,mini does not!!Dell support useless hang up
on me!Went to computer shop they got it so would not connect at all for
awhile on unsecured finally got it back,then tried to charge.So back to
same place connects and works great UNSECURED wireless,never on
secured!Again use same protocal on full size and connects immediately on
the secured but mini with Ubuntu does not!!Help please.Thanks,Bigjohn