ubuntugis team mailing list archive

Re: Two weeks to get QGIS into the next Ubuntu 9.04 release

Petter, Francesco, Jurgen,
Are there any roadblocks to getting QGIS into Debian unstable?

It seems:
1. Jurgen has build .deb files for QGIS and has committed to maintenance.
I'm not sure what level of testing Jurgen has
2. Both Francesco and Petter have volunteered to upload QGIS debian untested if their is a maintainer.

My motivation is that I want to get QGIS back into Ubuntu universe, and also into an Xubuntu based Live DVD to be handed out to all delegates at FOSS4G 2009.

It seem that the most direct way to get QGIS into Ubuntu, is to get it into Debian untested first. (Ref: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/NewPackages ) This will be a lot more achievable if we meet the FeatureFreeze, 19 Feb, as per: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JauntyReleaseSchedule

I have some time this weekend to do some grunt work, if that helps.

Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
Hi Cameron,