ubuntugis team mailing list archive

Re: [DebianGIS] Two weeks to get QGIS into the next Ubuntu 9.04 release

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 06:36:56AM +1100, Cameron Shorter wrote:

>> Independent of that, I would guess that DebianGIS wants to maintain its
>> own repo for branches, non-ubuntu tweaks, etc. But perhaps the core could
>> be linked/imported from the QGIS repo with a SVN external link*, and then
>> minorly patched in the DebianGIS repo, as required?

Unfortunately merging using svn is not a great idea, that's not git
or mercurial. I basically see not great advantage in respect with
lurking external repos from time to time to check for interesting
changes. BTW, the true problem is finding a maintainer who is able to
and would take responsability at long term, not repository location.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine